THESE ARE TRYING TIMES. Social and economic systems on national and international levels have been disrupted to an unprecedented degree, while political and legal uncertainty also lurk. Not unlike other businesses, funds are considering what steps to take to maintain some…
The British Virgin Islands government recently passed new legislation affecting the funds industry. In particular, the new BVI Securities and Investment Business (Amendment) Act, 2019 institutes a supervisory regime for closed-ended funds, with the following major changes. Most closed-ended funds will…
BVI funds have a long history of being used as alternative investment funds because they are flexible and nimble.
In the post-recession economy, investment managers are looking for increased flexibility and ways to maximise investor returns by minimising set up costs, government fees, and other related functionary and advisory costs. That is why many are now “Brexiting” to the…
- INTO THE SANDBOX: FINTECH INNOVATION IN THE BVI
- The Five Things Funds Managers Should Be Doing Now
- BVI Legalizes Gambling – What are the odds?
- O’Neal Webster Acts for Scotiabank on the Sale of its BVI Operations
- The Striking Off and Restoration of BVI Companies
- Salute to Robert Mathavious, CEO and Managing Director of BVI Financial Services Commission
- Offshore Asset Recovery in Divorce
- Redomiciling to the BVI: A wise choice for many companies in the COVID-19 era
Articles & News
Asha Johnson-Willins Bitcoin BVI Business Company BVI Companies BVI Companies Act BVI Economic Substance Act BVI Estate Planning BVI Finance BVI Financial Services Commission BVI Funds BVI Incubator Funds BVI Jurisdiction BVI Litigation BVI Private Client BVI Property Law BVI Trademarks BVI Trusts Christopher McKenzie Christopher Simpson Commercial Commercial Litigation Corporate Corporate & Commercial COVID-19 CRS Dan Wise Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court Funds & Regulatory High-value Divorce Intellectual Property Jamealya Fahie Jenelle Archer Kerry Anderson Litigation Magnum Investment Trading Corporation & Niteroi Limited v. The AG of the Virgin Islands Nadine Whyte Offshore Finance Paul Dennis QC Private Investment Funds STEP BVI STEP Caribbean Trusts & Estates UK Privy Council Vanessa King Willa Tavernier