Head of Investment Funds & Regulatory
- Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- University of the West Indies (1997)
- Admitted to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) (2001)
- Admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- Legal500. Listed as a “commercial expert.” Recommended for “funds, regulatory financial services, and corporate and commercial matters.” [Has] “significant experience advising major clients on a wide range of BVI corporate and commercial matters.”
- Chambers Global. Leading Practitioner. “Noted for his understanding of investment funds and regulatory issues, advising a number of international clients on challenging BVI structuring matters.”
- IFLR1000. Leading Lawyer. “Managing Partner, Kerry Anderson wins praise from clients.”
Kerry Anderson is head of the firm’s Funds, Investment, and Regulatory practice. He advises international clients on complex, multi-jurisdictional corporate and commercial matters in the BVI. Deeply experienced in the initial structuring of investment vehicles or amendments to investment vehicles, Kerry often provides continuing legal advice and support throughout their operation. His clients include US- and EU-based fund managers, closed-ended funds, open-ended funds, public funds, crypto funds, and segregated portfolio company funds.
Kerry also advises on joint venture deals and acquisitions for select international private and public corporations in various industries including logistics, food, and technology.
After graduation from the University of the West Indies and the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago, Kerry was admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago in 1999 and to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) in 2001. He is the firm’s recent past managing partner.
Representative work includes:
- Preparing Fast Notes amendment agreements to conform to covenants and other provisions of certain outstanding senior unsecured notes, roughly $3.25BB in aggregate principal amount, in the NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL).
- Acting for Uti Worldwide, a non-asset based third-party logistics service provider located in Long Beach, California, on restructuring issues ahead of its acquisition by DSV, a Denmark-based, global 3PL for $1.35 billion.
- Advising on the structure of investment vehicles for the purpose of supporting the construction and development of the Convento Obra Pia Viceroy Cartagena, a luxury hotel development at a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Colombia, S.A. The work involved developing the complex private placement documentation and related agreements, which accounted for differentiated rounds of financing and type and nationality of the investor, taking into account their tax domicile and local restrictions.
- Advising on agreements, including a shareholders’ agreement, a side agreement, subscription agreement, and other documents in the issue of shares and additional investment in a technology joint venture based in California.
- OffshoreCryptoToday.com (blogger)
- BVI Companies and their Advantage in Asian Structures – ALB China
- The Key to the BVI – The New Europe
- FOCUS ON: Offshore Legal – Asia Fund Manager
BVI Financial Services Commission Announces New Arrangement for Regulated Oversight
The BVI Financial Services Commission issued a press release on June 28, 2022, informing practitioners of a significant change to its internal structure. A new Authorisation and Supervision Division (... Read More
O’Neal Webster advises on multiple fund formations, conversions, and approved manager applications in first half of 2022
O’Neal Webster has advised on the formation or conversion of multiple open-ended British Virgin Islands investment funds in the first two quarters of 2022, whether as incubator, approved, or profess... Read More
Complimentary Webinar: BVI Investment Fund Products and Regulation of Virtual Assets
Please join O'Neal Webster Partners Kerry Anderson and Christopher Simpson on January 12, 2022 9:00 a.m. (AST) for a Zoom webinar on British Virgin Islands investment fund products and virtual ass... Read More
INTO THE SANDBOX: FINTECH INNOVATION IN THE BVI
BVI Launches Regulatory Sandbox for Fintech Sector On August 31, 2020, the Financial Services (Fintech Regulatory Sandbox) Regulations 2020 came into force, significantly enhancing the British Virgin... Read More