Head of Investment Funds & Regulatory
- Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- University of the West Indies (1997)
- Admitted to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) (2001)
- Admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- Legal500. Listed as a “commercial expert.” Recommended for “funds, regulatory financial services, and corporate and commercial matters.” [Has] “significant experience advising major clients on a wide range of BVI corporate and commercial matters.”
- Chambers Global. Leading Practitioner. “Noted for his understanding of investment funds and regulatory issues, advising a number of international clients on challenging BVI structuring matters.”
- IFLR1000. Leading Lawyer. “Managing Partner, Kerry Anderson wins praise from clients.”
Kerry Anderson is head of the firm’s Funds, Investment, and Regulatory Practice and leads the firm’s New York City office He advises domestic and international clients on complex, multi-jurisdictional corporate and commercial matters. He is deeply experienced in the initial structuring of investment vehicles or amendments to investment vehicles and often provides continuing legal advice and support throughout their operation. His clients include US and EU-based fund managers, closed-ended funds, open-ended funds, public funds, and segregated portfolio company funds.
Kerry also advises on joint venture deals and acquisitions for select international private and public corporations in various industries including logistics, food, and technology.
After graduation from the University of the West Indies and the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago, Kerry was admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago in 1999 and to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) in 2001. He is the firm’s recent past managing partner.
Representative work includes:
- Preparing Fast Notes amendment agreements to conform to covenants and other provisions of certain outstanding senior unsecured notes, roughly $3.25BB in aggregate principal amount, in the NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL).
- Acting for Uti Worldwide, a non-asset based third-party logistics service provider located in Long Beach, California, on restructuring issues ahead of its acquisition by DSV, a Denmark-based, global 3PL for $1.35 billion.
- Advising on the structure of investment vehicles for the purpose of supporting the construction and development of the Convento Obra Pia Viceroy Cartagena, a luxury hotel development at a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Colombia, S.A. The work involved developing the complex private placement documentation and related agreements, which accounted for differentiated rounds of financing and type and nationality of the investor, taking into account their tax domicile and local restrictions.
- Advising on agreements, including a shareholders’ agreement, a side agreement, subscription agreement, and other documents in the issue of shares and additional investment in a technology joint venture based in California.
- OffshoreCryptoToday.com (blogger)
- BVI Companies and their Advantage in Asian Structures – ALB China
- The Key to the BVI – The New Europe
- FOCUS ON: Offshore Legal – Asia Fund Manager
O’Neal Webster Acts for Scotiabank on the Sale of its BVI Operations
O’Neal Webster advised The Bank of Nova Scotia, a leading bank in Canada and leading financial services provider in the Americas, on the sale of its British Virgin Islands operations to Republic Fin... Read More
Important notice for all BVI institutions reporting under FATCA or CRS
The BVI ITA has announced that it will be extending the enrollment and filing dates for both FATCA and CRS reporting under the BVIFARS. The new dates for FATCA will be July 31, 2020 for enrollment... Read More
BVI FSC Extends Annual Licence Fee Payment Deadline for Certain Licensees
An important notice came from the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (the Commission) on March 23, 2020. The Commission acknowledged the possible business disruptions that the glob... Read More