Funds, Investment, Regulatory
T: + 284 494 5808
Practice areas: Funds, Financial Services Regulatory, Corporate, Commercial, Banking and Real Estate
Kerry Anderson, O’Neal Webster Managing Partner and Head of the firm’s Funds, Investment, and Regulatory practice, advises domestic and international clients on complex, multijurisdictional corporate and commercial matters. He is deeply experienced in the initial structuring of investment vehicles or amendments to investment vehicles, and often provides continuing legal advice and support throughout their operation. His clients include U.S. and EU-based fund managers, closed-ended funds, open-ended funds, public funds, and segregated portfolio company funds.
Mr. Anderson also advises on joint venture deals and acquisitions for select international private and public corporations in various industries including logistics, food, and technology.
Mr. Anderson has over 17 years’ experience in practice. After graduation from the University of the West Indies and the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago, he was admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago in 1999 and to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) in 2001.
Representative work includes:
- Preparing Fast Notes amendment agreements to conform to covenants and other provisions of certain outstanding senior unsecured notes, roughly $3.25BB in aggregate principle amount, in the NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL).
- Acting for Uti Worldwide, a non-asset based third-party logistics service provider located in Long Beach, California, on restructuring issues ahead of its acquisition by DSV, a Denmark-based, global 3PL for $1.35 billion.
- Advising on the structure of investment vehicles for the purpose of supporting the construction and development of the Convento Obra Pia Viceroy Cartagena, a luxury hotel development at a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Colombia, S.A. The work involved developing the complex private placement documentation and related agreements, which accounted for differentiated rounds of financing and type and nationality of investor, taking into account their tax domicile and local restrictions.
- Advising on agreements, including a shareholders’ agreement, a side agreement, subscription agreement, and other documents in the issue of shares and additional investment in a technology joint venture based in California.
- BVI Companies and their Advantage in Asian Structures – ALB China
- The Key to the BVI – The New Europe
- FOCUS ON : Offshore Legal – Asia Fund Manager
- Admitted to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) (2001)
- Admitted to the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago (1999)
- Graduate of the University of the West Indies (1997)
- Legal500, 2012-16. Listed as a “commercial expert.” Recommended for “funds, regulatory financial services, and corporate and commercial matters.” [has] “significant experience advising major clients on a wide range of BVI corporate and commercial matters.”
- Chambers Global, 2015-16. Leading Practitioner. “Noted for his understanding of investment funds and regulatory issues, advising a number of international clients on challenging BVI structuring matters.”
- IFLR1000, 2014-16. Leading Lawyer. “Managing Partner, Kerry Anderson wins praise from clients.”